White Caucus break in April
Our white caucus program will be on break for the month of April. We encourage participants to set a committment to take action in April to dismantle racism. This should be a specific action beyond attending a training, learning, or reading. Ideally it's something that gets you out of your comfort zone. Choose an accountability person to share your commitment with and schedule a time you'll check-in with them. Do your action and then reflect and check-in with your accountability person.
Resources & Trainings:
- Sign up for a People’s Institute Northwest “Undoing Institutionalized Racism” training
- Attend WA Nonprofits “Racism in the Nonprofit Sector” training (April 30)
- Attend Leadership Snohomish County Step Up 2021 Conference (April 30)
- Sign up for Hollaback's Bystander Intervention Training to stop Anti-Asian Harassment and Xenophobia
- Sign up for a Race Forward training
- Sign up for a Compass Point workshop
- For white women specifically:
- Sign up for Cultures Connecting “Internalized Sexism and White Privilege” training
- Sign up for Fleur Larsen’s “Power With Not Power Over: Accountability in Action for White Women” training
The Seattle Works white caucus is for white people to take part in anti-oppression work in a way that’s useful rather than destructive or distracting. We caucus to process feelings, retrain ourselves, and take action to dismantle racism and shift power to people who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC). We are committed to following the leadership of and being accountable to BIPOC staff members at Seattle Works and the Seattle Works’ BIPOC Link-up, including bringing their asks for topics, learning, and action to the white caucus. We are using "How to Plan a White Caucus Agenda" by Pippi Kessler to inform how we plan and structure our meetings.
Each session will focus on a different topic, which will be shared in the reminder email sent just before the caucus.
Building community and developing leaders are tenants of the Seattle Works mission; we hope you will join us!
When: 10am-11:30am every other Tuesday, starting on June 2, 2020.
Where: Zoom call
Registration: Click here to register for the Zoom call.
Questions? Email email@example.com.