Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
ROOTS Shelter - Board Member
The ROOTS Young Adult Shelter is seeking passionate, diverse and experienced individuals to join our Board of Directors. ROOTS is the largest shelter for young adults experiencing homelessness in Washington state. Located in the University District, we have been serving our shelter guests since 1999.
We have begun the exciting work of revisioning our organization as we move into a new, larger space (in 2021), and we are seeking individuals who are ready to help us navigate the new challenges and opportunities of our new location. Please reach out if you are interested in supporting our shelter guests by engaging in governance, anti-oppression work, fundraising, and relationship-building in our community! We are especially looking for individuals who are:
- Eager to help Seattle solve its homelessness problems
- Invested in undoing systems of oppression; committed to social justice and racial equity
- Have the time and enthusiasm for community service
- Have lived experience engaging with the homelessness system
- Willing to participate and grow your fund-raising skills
- Interested in creating collaborative partnerships
- Have knowledge/skills regarding developing real estate for social service agencies
- Have expertise in the issues surrounding homelessness
ROOTS is seeking new board members to begin their 3-year term in early 2021. We will be onboarding new members together in a cohort. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information about ROOTS, the Board of Directors, and the application process.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: