Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Photographic Center Northwest - Board Member
Photographic Center Northwest (PCNW) (PCNW) is an educational institution teaching people how to see. Through our 53-credit Certificate Program, classes and workshops; free exhibitions and public programs; and publicly accessible facilities where we teach the history and future of photography. We are currently seeking new Board of Trustee Members to join our community and support the growth of the organization. The Board of Trustees Provides:
1) Leadership and guidance in compliance with the mission and vision
2) Fiscal oversight of the organization with direction by the Executive Director
3) Financial support personally and through personal and professional networks
4) Visibility by serving as an ambassador of the organization
What is the time commitment as a Board Member?
Terms are three years, with the possibility of two term renewals for a potential maximum of nine consecutive years. The board meets approximately ten times a year on the first Tuesday of the month, which may be subject to change. Trustees are expected to attend the meetings in person or via other means, as well as interact with the institution and its constituents by attending openings, lectures, and the two major fundraisers annually.
What is the financial commitment as a Board Member?
A total minimum of approximately $5,000 annually—we ask board members to commit to a table at the October benefit (currently $2,500), $1,500 as a suggested minimum for an unrestricted gift, and $1,000 toward an experience at PCNW such as taking a class or workshop, participating in an event, or purchasing artwork through our gallery.
What expertise or interests are you seeking in a Board Member?
- Organizationally we are currently seeking those with expertise in: Fundraising, Legal, Technology, Strategic Planning, and Capacity building / Capital
- Programmatically we also seek expertise in: Corporate Connections and Partnerships, Communications, and Marketing
What benefits do Board Members receive?
- Access to an amazing community
- 50% off all gift memberships
- 50% discount on PCNW classes and workshops
- 10% discount on purchases of artwork (does not apply to annual fundraiser)
- Free attendance to lectures, panel discussions, openings
- First opportunity on all special paid patron events
- Visibility online, in public marketing materials, and on site
- Invitations to patron dinners and special events
For additional information, please contact:
- William Holderman, Board Chair, at email@example.com
- Terry Novak, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 708-299-3046
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: