Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Path with Art
Path with Art, a 501(c) (3) not-for profit organization in Seattle, WA is seeking new Board members to help lead the organization through expansion and exciting changes.
Our mission statement describes the focus of our important work: Path with Art transforms the lives of people recovering from homelessness, addiction and other trauma by harnessing the power of creative engagement as a bridge to the community and a path to stability. Path with Art provides engagement in the visual arts, drama, music and dance to no to low income adults, working hard to reclaim their lives.
We have successfully shifted our model at this time, by providing tablets and instructing remotely, to keep our students connected, prevent isolation, teach effectively and help people feel whole. Our students are referred to us by over 20 Seattle area Social Service partners, partners such at Plymouth Housing, the YMCA, and Recovery Café, to name a few.
In more “normal” times, we work with 25 local arts organizations, to give participants direct access to exhibits and performances; we also provide meaningful opportunities for our student to perform and exhibit their own work. We are growing exponentially, currently servicing close to 600 students and seen as a model for healing internationally. More information is available on our website, www.pathwithart.org.
The Board of Directors governs the organization, providing, oversight of its operations and stewardship of its assets. It ensure that the organization serves its mission, and runs effectively, legally and ethically. Board Members are asked to commit to the following:
- Two year renewable term
- Attendance at 6-8 Board meetings per year (Teleconference at this time)
- Service on a committee, special project or task force
- Willingness to advocate on behalf of the organization to their personal and/or professional contacts
- Cultivation of new donors, board members and key influencers
- Participation in professional development training, board retreat, performances and key fundraisers
- Annual financial contribution based on personal capacity
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: