Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
The Greater Seattle Bureau of Fearless Ideas - Board Member
The Greater Seattle Bureau of Fearless Ideas (BFI) believes that the power of words, well-written and well-spoken, can open doors to important opportunities. Since 2005, our free tutoring, writing, and publishing programs have prepared young people, ages 6 to 18, for a successful future by developing strong writing skills, championing diverse communication styles, and motivating them to share their stories.
Since school closures, the need for BFI has been greater than ever. Many families of BFI kids have fewer resources for educating and engaging children at home. That, coupled with limited access to teachers, have put BFI kids at greater risk of losing out. Instead of closing our doors, we immediately began adapting our programs to give students learning opportunities through online gatherings and guided, at-home activities that fuel creativity and writing development. Our staff, board, and volunteers will continue to address the needs of under-served communities — a commitment we expect every new board member to share.
The Role of BFI Board Members
- Honor our board governance model in overseeing the success of BFI
- Help shape the future of BFI by contributing to strategic direction and decision-making
- Support our financial well-being through budget monitoring and fundraising
- Fulfill their individual fundraising and donation commitments
- Take an active interest in the progress and achievements of BFI programs
- Support BFI staff by sharing their expertise and network of resources
- Attend key outreach, donor cultivation, and fundraising events
- Help promote the work of BFI to their friends family, and colleagues
Board Member Profile
We are looking for board members who can deepen the professional range and diversity of our hard-working board (fearlessideas.org/about/our-staff). We are particularly interested in people experienced in:
- The law and legal matters
- Financial management and oversight
- Nonprofit leadership
- Connections to Northwest funding sources
- Involvement in diverse cultures and communities, especially those served by BFI
- Anything else that can help our programs reach a larger community of children BFI
Board meetings are currently held virtually but normally alternate between in-person in our Greenwood Ave location and virtual.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: