Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Capitol Hill Historical Society - Board Posting (Treasurer)
The Capitol Hill Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit committed to gathering, preserving, and sharing the history of the communities that have shaped Capitol Hill.
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Treasurer to be responsible for tracking and documenting our financial progress.
- Reconcile bank statements and maintain Excel-based balance sheet.
- Manage Filings: Keep a calendar of filings, file IRS Form 990, 1099, and/or 1099-MISC, file state and city taxes.
- Obtain Licenses and Permits including state and city business licenses and any event permits if needed.
- Assist Development Officer with donation tax receipts.
- Assist E-commerce Manager with book sale financial records.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and present them to the board at board meetings.
- Attend additional board meetings when requested by the board.
- Manage payroll for freelance writing contributions (once per month) and possible occasional stipend payments.
- Organize digital financial records.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent training plus a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Experience with non-profits and non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of and interest in local history and historic preservation.
- Ability to work independently while staying connected to a team.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: