Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Join the Tiny Trees Board of Directors!
- Passionate about early education and the environment?
- Interested in serving on a non-profit board in Seattle?
Tiny Trees makes high-quality early learning accessible for working families by operating outdoor preschool classrooms in our public parks. As the largest outdoor preschool provider in the United States, we currently serve more than 300 children at 9 parks in Seattle and King County. These kids gain the academic and social-emotional skills to thrive in school and life, while reaping the benefits of a nature-rich childhood.
Tiny Trees’ commitment to equity, environmental stewardship, and high-quality early learning is what makes it unique. Our classrooms and our stellar teachers enable children from all backgrounds to reap the benefits of outdoor early education. Our innovative model, utilizing public parks in the community, means that Tiny Trees can open classrooms in neighborhoods where families have not always had access to affordable, high-quality preschool. Currently, 22% of Tiny Trees students speak a language other than English at home and about half receive free or reduced tuition through the Seattle Preschool Program and our philanthropic partners.
Want to help Tiny Trees Preschool grow?
We are seeking new board members who can commit to a three-year term, beginning September 2019 or January 2020. If you are passionate about our mission and want to strengthen our organization to better serve our community, let’s talk.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome all inquiries and are especially interested in candidates who have close connections to families and communities of color in our region and/or are skilled in HR, technology, law, marketing and communications, or those with experience in early learning or environmental education.
Collective Responsibilities of Tiny Trees Preschool Board of Directors:
- Provide leadership and set strategic guidance and policies to ensure Tiny Trees Preschool’s long-term sustainability and efficacy in service of our mission
- Provide fiduciary and ethical oversight of the organization and its leadership
- Establish long-term goals and strategic plan, approve annual budgets, and participate in fundraising to ensure adequate funds to support programs
- Ensure program excellence at all Tiny Trees locations and the safety of children in Tiny Trees’ care
- Board members are advocates for Tiny Trees Preschool in the greater King County community with key stakeholders, including current and prospective families, donors, service providers and partners and governmental agencies
Commitment of Individual Tiny Trees Preschool Board Members:
- Each member should be prepared to invest an average of 6-10 hours per month, which typically includes: 3 hours to prepare for and attend Board meetings (11 per year, last Tuesday of each month from 6-8:30pm), 2-4 hours for committee work (per committee), and during certain months, members spend additional hours on special tasks, meetings, and events, such as the annual board retreat and annual fundraising luncheon
- Serve on at least one board committee (finance, fund development, board development, or operational excellence)
- Participate in the upcoming strategic planning process
- Do at least one site visit to a Tiny Trees Preschool outdoor classroom each year
- Attend at least one Tiny Trees Preschool community event each year
- Participate in fund development activities, including hosting a table at the annual luncheon
- Make Tiny Trees Preschool a philanthropic priority and make an annual, personally significant gift that reflects that priority.
If you are passionate about early learning, social justice and environmental stewardship, please consider joining the Tiny Trees Board of Directors. It’s a meaningful way to ensure that all children in King County gain the social, emotional, and academic skills needed for kindergarten and a lifetime of success. You will benefit from being part of an active, hands-on board with leadership and growth opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact our Board Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: