Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Perinatal Support Washington
Perinatal Support Washington (PS-WA) is a statewide non-profit committed to shining a light on perinatal mental health to support all families and communities. We believe all parents should receive appropriate, timely, and culturally relevant care from conception to baby's first birthday.
Our toll-free telephone support "Warm Line" has been operating since 1991, providing peer support to parents in need. We partner with local organizations to provide free and low-cost new parent support groups, create or expand perinatal mental health programs, and advocate for change in Washington State. In 2019, we trained over 1,000 health care providers in identification, assessment, and treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. We do all of this with the help of our dedicated staff, board members, and dozens of volunteers.
We envision a world that fully supports the emotional health of parents - making our families, communities, and care systems stronger.
|We’re seeking individuals who:
Have one or more of the following skills:
PR & Branding
Government Relations & Policy
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
Bring the following perspectives:
Dads & LGBTQIA+ partners
Diverse racial or ethnic backgrounds
Diverse socio-economic backgrounds
Residency in Central or Eastern WA
Responsibilities of Board Members
Each board member is expected to:
- know and evaluate our mission, goals, policies, programs, strengths, and needs
- leverage connections and networks to secure the resources and partnerships necessary to advance our mission
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors to increase our fundraising and awareness efforts
- participate in strategic and organizational planning
- give a personally meaningful financial donation
- read and understand our financial statements and annual budget
- prepare for, attend, and participate in bimonthly board meetings
- participate fully in bimonthly meetings of one committee (Finance & Fundraising, Governance, or Strategic Planning)
Interested in learning more? Contact Executive Director Allie Johnson
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: