Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Seattle City of Literature
Seattle City of Literature is looking for new board members! Most important is a passion for books/writing and creative communities. We are also looking for candidates with legal, financial, and/or communications/PR experience, as well as connections to major regional employers; we also value connections to communities that have historically been marginalized by the culture of majority-white arts and cultural spaces/organizations.
The Seattle City of Literature board of directors is expected to:
- Affirm the mission, vision and strategy of Seattle City of Literature, and when necessary and appropriate, suggest changes to enhance and support the essence of the organization.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Develop and approve the by-laws.
- Take responsibility for the institutional and financial health of the organization.
- Approve financial reports and budgets for the expenditure of funds.
- Contribute to the organization's financial health by making an annual gift (either personal or recruited) that reflects a commitment to the on-going operations of the organization.
- Propose board officers including president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer to be elected by full board.
- Create and participate in committees focused on specific tasks such as programs, board development, financial management, and fundraising.
- Help to host meetings of the board.
Terms, Policies, and Procedures:
Board terms last three years, and board members may serve consecutive terms.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: