Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Citizenship Tutor - White Center
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The Citizenship Program offers assistance with the process of naturalization. Services include group citizenship and ESL instruction, as well as individual tutoring in preparation for the citizenship test.
Volunteers with this program work directly with clients, tutoring them in all subjects presented on the citizenship exam. This is a popular opportunity among volunteers because it provides a setting where you can work closely with individuals and see your impact first hand.
- Commitment to helping immigrant and refugee people succeed
- Ability to tutor in basic English language and conversation
- Interest in other cultures
- Patience and positive attitude
- Experience in a classroom and with basic teaching skills
- Positive group dynamic and tangible successes
A commitment of 3-6 months and 1-4 hours per week is preferred for this position. Currently, we are seeking coverage for classes on Thursdays, from 12p – 2p.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: