Age Minimum (with Adult): 22+, Minimum Age:22+
Join Minds Matter Seattle Board of Directors
Minds Matter Seattle is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping high school students from low-income families achieve their college dreams. Through an intensive volunteer-run tutoring and mentoring program, we enable our students to build their academic resumes and get into college. 100% of our graduates have been accepted into four-year colleges, often with significant financial aid packages. 95% of our tracked alumni are enrolled in or have graduated from their institutions, including: University of Washington, Princeton University, Washington University in St. Louis, and Stanford University.
Minds Matter Seattle’s Board of Directors is a body that works closely with the Executive Committee to facilitate and guide the execution of our mission. We are primarily composed of former volunteers from the Seattle and New York chapters. We strongly value diversity of thought, profession, age, race/ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation. We are currently at a positive inflection point in our growth and are seeking responsible and energetic individuals to bring their expertise and fresh ideas to our group.
- Are motivated to work on behalf of our students
- Preferably have expertise in one of the following areas: marketing, accounting, non-profit law
- Are experienced in and enthusiastic about fundraising
- Can attend monthly board meetings (Friday afternoons in Seattle) & occassional Saturday sessions
- Are well-connected in the community, especially with local high schools
- Are committed to fostering a safe and inclusive space to help us better serve our mission
- Are interested in joining us for a renewable three-year term
Interested individuals should contact the incoming 2019-2020 board chair, Steven Kern (firstname.lastname@example.org), for the application form.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: