Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:8+
Gleaning with JFS at Oxbow Farm in Carnation,WA, three Fridays in July/Aug
About 1,500 households visit the Polack Food Bank each month. The Food Bank operates a consumer-choice model where clients choose products according to their personal needs and preferences. Our goal is to provide people the food and toiletries they need with the dignity they deserve.
One way the Food Bank receives fresh produce is by gleaning it from the Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center.
- All shifts are from 10:00 a.m. to noon
- Friday, July 19
- Friday, August 2
- Friday, August 16
- Meet JFS staff at Oxbow Farm in Carnation, Washington.
- With direction from JFS and Oxbow staff, pick appropriate produce and prepare it for storage.
- Age 8 or older. This is a great activity for families with children!
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and harvest from rows of produce.
- Provide your own transportation to and from the farm.
- Work in varying weather conditions, including hot temperatures and rain.
- Work cooperatively with JFS staff and volunteers.
- Successful completion of application process, including background and reference checks.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: