Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Organization for Prostitution Survivors
OPS Mission Statement- OPS facilitates recovery from the harms of prostitution through survivor-centered practices that empower our community to heal from, and advocate to end, this system of gender-based violence.
Agency Description. OPS is a social service agency and agent of social change. We provide direct services to people in the commercial sex trades including case management, drop-in services, support groups and recovery services. We also provide extensive community education and programming to address sex-buying and the demand for prostitution.
We are seeking board members from the Seattle area (or beyond) to help expand our Board of Directors. Experience with human resources, fundraising, legal skills and communications is desired. Nonprofit experience is a plus. People who identify as survivors are strongly encouraged to apply!
Board Member Responsibilities
- Engage in organizational oversight and governance
- Speak on and advocate for OPS and our mission
- Connect OPS to your community
- Participate in OPS events and fund development activities throughout the year
Board Terms and Details
- Serve a minimum 2-year term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend annual retreat and/or strategic planning meetings
- Actively work on one or more committees
- Participate in special projects as needed including fundraising
- Demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission
Time Commitment Board members may expect to serve on average 4-10 hours per month. Meetings are the third Monday of each month from 5-7 pm.
Philanthropic Commitment Board members are encouraged to make OPS a philanthropic priority and to participate in fundraising activities that include outreach and personal contributions.
Read more about OPS at: SeattleOPS.org
Request an application by emailing Leslie Briner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: