Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Now Recruiting Board Members - Green Plate Special
Green Plate Special is growing and diversifying our board to better reflect our community. Over the past year we’ve refined our mission and committed to equity in our organization. In the coming months we will launch a new strategic plan.
Green Plate Special inspires and empowers youth through growing, cooking, and sharing food.
Founded in 2011, we engage 4th-8th graders (ages 9 – 14) through after-school programs, spring and summer camps, and evening cooking classes. Programs are curriculum based with a progression from basic food knowledge to advanced gardening and cooking skills. We also enhance learning opportunities by interweaving food growing and cooking with academic subjects such as math, science, and history. For example, youth may practice baking skills while learning about the science of liquids and solids. A snack and/or lunch are provided during programming and students often are able to take home a sample of what they cooked, as well as vegetables from the garden.
We often work closely with partner organizations and customize programs to fit the needs of our partners. Some of our current partners include Madrona K-8, Washington Middle School, Atlantic Street Center, Mary’s Place, Friends of the Children, Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic, Beacon Hill International, and many others.
We're seeking dedicated board members who can commit to monthly board and committee meetings and take an active role in the organization as we work through our new strategic plan. The board term is two years.
An effective board member:
- Regularly attends board and committee meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about board and committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee and board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the board’s and committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Cooperates fully in achieving the organization’s financials goals, by making a personally meaningful financial contribution and participating in annual fundraising efforts.
We are particularly seeking individuals who have the following experience:
Representative of or connected to communities in the Central District and South Seattle
For more information email Claudia Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: