Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Immanuel Community Services
Are you passionate about giving the people in our community a sense of dignity and hope? Would you like to help a small, local nonprofit alleviate the effects of poverty, hunger, homelessness and addiction by providing community-based social services to those in need? Do you have the time and skills to dedicate to helping a nonprofit achieve its mission? If so, we hope you’ll apply to join the Immanuel Community Services Board of Directors.
Our ideal candidate is a positive, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy professional with strong administrative skills and a drive to make a difference through volunteerism. Experience working in social justice, human services and nonprofits a plus but not required.
If you think you’d make a good candidate, we’d love to hear from you! If you know someone who would make a good candidate, please forward this their way.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply.
- Share skills, knowledge and experience to ICS’ benefit.
- Communicate ICS’ mission, purpose and programs to the community, serving as an ambassador.
- Maintain knowledge of current programs and staff of the organization.
- Hire, support and evaluate the Executive Director in the exercise of their duties.
- Assist in recruiting and supporting volunteers, committee members and board members.
- Participate in fundraising events.
- Support, cultivate and thank existing donors.
- Procure donations of time, money and goods.
- Make financial gifts to ICS that are significant to you.
- Monitor, review and approve policies, program goals and annual budget.
- Attend, prepare for and participate in monthly 2-hour Board meetings.
- Attend annual Board planning retreats.
- Serve on Board committees, as needed.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: