Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Beacon Food Forest- Plan, host, or teach a class!
The Beacon Food Forest (BFF) is a 1.75 acre community-run forest garden in the heart of Beacon Hill.
BFF regularly offers classes and workshops with local and visiting educators, teaching urban gardening, food forestry, permaculture, community building and environmental stewardship in the city. We also give tours to K-12 schools, university students, other non-profit groups and the interested public.
Join our Education Committee
- to envision and plan gardening and environmental classes for all age groups
- take a class for free by becoming a class assistant
- be trained as a tour guide to inspire local and international visitors with the BFF's model of sustainable community gardening in the city
- help design and install educational signage on site
- share your knowledge and skills and teach a class yourself
The Education Committee meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Beacon Hill public library (in winter) or on site at the Beacon Food Forest (in warm weather). Upcoming meetings are listed on the calendar on our website at https://beaconfoodforest.org/# -> Learn More -> Calendar
No experience required. Ideas for new classes, and bilingual tour guides and teachers, welcome!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: