Finding Board Members Through Seattle Works
Seattle Works will train over 200 leaders this year in the basics of nonprofit and public board service through The Bridge: Board Training. We can help your organization connect with these talented, trained volunteers and get the word out about your board openings.
At Seattle Works we strive to build a diverse and welcoming community through focus on equity in all aspects of our work. As part of this work, we expect and encourage our partners to work with us to make sure volunteering is accessible and welcoming for everyone. To learn more about our goals, please visit our Equity page. If you have experienced harassment, micro- aggressions, racial discrimination or other racial misconduct at a Seattle Works event, please hold us accountable via our Racial Grievance Reporting Form.
Board Posting Page | $25 per 4 months
Looking for board members? Submit a posting for current board openings! Your posting will appear on our Board Posting page, which will be shared with our trained Bridge grads.
If you have a board opening you'd like us to include on the posting page, we'll first need to give you access to our new volunteer management portal.
- If you already have access to the Partner Portal, log-in to your account using the log-in button at the top right of your screen and submit your board posting
- If your organization has partnered with Seattle Works before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to our volunteer management portal.
- If your organization has never partnered with Seattle Works to recruit and manage volunteers, please complete this form to create an account.
Once you've submitted your board posting, you'll receive a confirmation email with a link to the payment page. You will need to pay the $25 posting fee before your posting is live on the Seattle Works website.
Board Networking Happy Hour | October 24th, 2019
Together, Seattle Works, Leadership Tomorrow, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, ArtsFund, United Way of King County, and Microsoft present Board Networking Happy Hour! Each year, our programs train hundreds of individuals in the essentials of nonprofit and public board service. We can help your organization connect with these talented, enthusiastic volunteers and spread the word about your current board openings.
The "Express Interest" form for October 2019 is now open. If you are interested in participating on October 24th, please fill out this form. Filling out the form does not guarantee participation.
Every year we recieve over 100 nonprofit requests and can only accomodate 30 organizations at the event. If you have attended in the last two years, please help us spread the love and do not apply this year.
- Now- Fill out the "Express Interest" form for Nonprofits
- September 5th- Deadline to submit "Express Interest" form
- September 13th- Chosen nonprofits will be notified and invited to register
- October 24th- Board Networking Happy Hour event!