Click here for application to Agents of Change Cohort 2020.
Are you a professional, volunteer or board member in the non-profit sector? Are you looking to learn more about how to incorporate an anti-racist lens to the work or volunteering you do? Want to connect with other inspiring folks that are looking to decolonize the non-profit sector? If you answered "yes" (or "YES!") to those questions, the Agents of Change 2020 Cohort is calling your name!
Agents of Change is a cohort-based program that will go through 8 virtual sessions on Wednesdays from 6-8 pm starting in mid-September. Program topics range from implicit bias, the non-profit industrial complex, to volunteer engagement with an anti-racist lens. Sessions will include team building, in-depth discussions, and interactive activities on unlearning norms and practices rooted in white supremacy within the non-profit sector. The program will be facilitated by Seattle Works staff as well as guest speakers.
Here are the dates and topics:
- Week 1 Wed. 9/16: Orientation & team building
- Week 2 Wed. 9/23: Intersectionality
- Week 3 Wed. 9/30: Hidden Biases (internalized/implicit racial bias)
- Week 4 Wed. 10/7: Personal strengths/ your role at your organization
- Week 5 Wed. 10/14: Past/present/future of the non-profit sector
- Week 6 Wed. 10/21: Past/present/future of volunteerism
- Week 7 Wed. 10/28: Advocacy engagement in the non-profit sector
- Week 8 Wed. 11/4: Un-graduation!
The program is free to anyone who identifies as BIPOC and is offered on a pay-what-you-can scale for anyone who identifies as white.
The application closes on Tuesday, Sept. 1st at 11:59 pm. Applicants will be notified about acceptance/wait-list by EOD Thursday, Sept. 3rd. If you have any questions in the meantime, email firstname.lastname@example.org