Application closed. Check back in the fall for details on next cohort!
Are you a professional, volunteer, board member, or community member who's looking to create meaningful culture change in the non-profit sector? Are you looking to learn more about how to incorporate an anti-racist lens to the work or volunteering you do? Want to connect with other inspiring folks that are looking to decolonize and dismantle white supremacy norms in the non-profit sector? If you answered "yes" (or "YES!") to those questions, the Agents of Change Cohort is calling your name!
Seattle Works is launching this cohort-based program that will go through 8 virtual sessions on Wednesdays from 3-5 pm starting July 13th and finishing August 31st (final session may be in person depending on cohort comfortability). Program topics range from implicit bias, the non-profit industrial complex, to volunteer engagement with an anti-racist lens. Sessions will include team building, in-depth discussions, and interactive activities on unlearning norms and practices rooted in white supremacy within the non-profit sector. The program will be facilitated by Seattle Works staff as well as guest speakers.
Here are the dates and topics:
- Week 1 Wed. 7/13: Orientation & Team Building
- Week 2 Wed. 7/20: Building Blocks: Intersectionality & Anti-Racism
- Week 3 Wed. 7/27: Hidden Biases (internalized/implicit racial bias)
- Week 4 Wed. 8/3: White-dominant Norms, Normalizing Feedback, and Calling In/Out
- Week 5 Wed. 8/10: Acknowledging our Privileges & Healing from Racial Trauma
- Week 6 Wed. 8/17: How to Incorporate Anti-Racism into Volunteering & Non-Profit Boards
- Week 7 Wed. 8/24: Creating Culture Change & Changing Organization Structure
- Week 8 Wed. 8/31: Beyond AoC & Un-graduation!
The program is free to anyone who identifies as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) or PGM (People of the Global Majority) and is offered on a pay-what-you-can scale for anyone who identifies as white.
The application closes on Tuesday, June 28 at 11:59 pm. Applicants will be notified about acceptance by EOD Wednesday, July 6th. For those who are not accepted, we will be offering this program again in the Fall/Winter of 2022.
If you have any questions in the meantime, email email@example.com