Agents of Change will return for Fall 2021.
Are you a professional, volunteer or board member in the non-profit sector? Are you looking to learn more about how to incorporate an anti-racist lens to the work or volunteering you do? Want to connect with other inspiring folks that are looking to decolonize the non-profit sector? If you answered "yes" (or "YES!") to those questions, the Agents of Change Cohort is calling your name!
Agents of Change is a cohort-based program that will go through 8 virtual sessions on Thursdays from 3-5p pst through April and May 2021. Program topics range from implicit bias, the non-profit industrial complex, to volunteer engagement with an anti-racist lens. Sessions will include team building, in-depth discussions, and interactive activities on unlearning norms and practices rooted in white supremacy within the non-profit sector. The program will be facilitated by Seattle Works staff as well as guest speakers.
Here are the dates and topics for Spring 2021:
- Week 1 Thurs. 4/1: Orientation & team building
- Week 2 Thurs. 4/8: Building Blocks: Intersectionality & Anti-Racism
- Week 3 Thurs. 4/15: Hidden Biases (internalized/implicit racial bias)
- Week 4 Thurs. 4/22: White-Dominant Norms, Microggressions, and Calling In/Out
- Week 5 Thurs. 4/29: How to Incorporate Anti-Racism into Volunteering & Non-Profit Boards
- Week 6 Thurs. 5/6: Changing your Org Culture & Structure
- Week 7 Thurs. 5/13: Advocacy Engagement in the Non-Profit Sector
- Week 8 Thurs. 5/20: Un-graduation!
The program is free to anyone who identifies as BIPOC and offered on a pay-what-you-can scale for anyone who identifies as white.
The application will be open from February 10th up until 11:59p on March 17th. If you have any questions in the meantime, email firstname.lastname@example.org